Restructuring and Turnaround Advisory
Alderney Advisors is well versed in bringing all constituents involved in a turnaround together toward a shared path, a critical skill in navigating through the realities of restructuring. Our professionals have advised debtors and creditors on hundreds of out-of-court and in-court restructurings across multiple industries. Our team helps develop and negotiate solutions amongst key constituents. We achieve this by understanding and swiftly analyzing operations, financial performance, capital structure, liquidity, contractual obligations, and key relationships.
Areas of Expertise
Understanding of currently available liquidity and future funding needs is key to orderly restructuring and maintaining control over the process.
- Cash flow forecasting and management
- Collateral and financial covenants assessment
- Vendor, lender, and customer management
- Asset monetization, top line growth, cost reduction, and other liquidity enhancing strategies
Viability assessment and long-term planning
Business review focused on identifying issues, improvements, strengths, opportunities, and resources necessary for long-term success.
- Strategic, financial, and operational assessments
- Development of long-term business plans
- Scenario modeling and profitability analysis
- Industry and benchmarking studies
- Working capital, fixed and non-core assets optimization
We assist and act on behalf of management to ensure successful implementation of the long-term strategy and day-to-day management of the business.
- Out-of-court and in-court debt restructurings
- DIP loans, refinancings, debt and equity raises, asset sales and asset purchases
- Strategic and operational advisory
- Valuations and financial modelling
- System implementation and process improvement
- Negotiations with suppliers, lenders, customers, insurers, investors, and governmental entities
- Expert witness testimony in bankruptcy situations
Alderney brings calm and stability to organizations when there is an immediate need for interim management, immediately stepping in and taking on challenges to prepare for a permanent successor. Our professionals are uniquely qualified to serve as interim management for organizations with short-term vacancies or a need for an intensive and objective review. With no agendas or politics, we focus solely on guiding an organization to the right place, getting quickly to the heart of the matter and work toward immediate, positive corrective actions.
Our team is focused on achieving maximum recoveries for secured and unsecured creditors in distressed and special situations. We independently evaluate management, circumstances, financial performance, and proposed repayment mechanisms. Our recommendations, key business issues, and expected economics are summarized in an easy to understand manner to facilitate internal approval and subsequent negotiations with the debtor.
- Assessment of liquidity and cash flows
- Evaluating viability and riskiness of long-term business plans
- Significant experience in negotiating agreements that bring multiple constituents together
- Expected recoveries based on liquidation analysis and going concern valuation
- Fraudulent conveyances and intercompany transactions analysis